We all have that one friend who no matter what you present to them they’re down. Now imagine there are two of them and they know how to make fantastic crazy beer. Let me introduce you to Nick Irvine and Ryan Sandlin. For the past 3 years these guys have been bucking the system by brewing some of the craziest beers I’ve ever seen. I mean, a Blood Mary beer?!!? In the full episode I originally did with them they explained how the first few years were a lot of experimenting with flavors and combining ingredients the right way to figure out things other people haven’t thought of or done before. People told them “hey, you shouldn’t do that” and they said “thanks and we appreciate that but we crazy, yo”. Now things are really coming together and they are making some major waves.
When I threw out the idea that we wanted to brew our own beer Nick didn’t even hesitate in saying yes. Through an eventful and comical Skype call we hammered out a plan for the Tap That Azul Imperial Blueberry NEIPA. Fast forward a few weeks and there we are, in the brewing facility at Dark Sky. Lots of beers and burritos later (and a little sweat, mostly on Nicks part) and we had the first stage of our beer done. We are still ironing out details for the release so stay tuned.
In the episode things go a little more off the rails than most episodes but a fun episode nonetheless. Enjoy!
- All video production and biggest shoutout goes to Aaron Markus from 8 AM Films for just being awesome and creating amazing work.
- Thanks to Liz the Marketing Coordinator from Whining Pig for joining us
- Thanks to Chris Dodson for his awesome production/editing work to help put the audio side of the episodes together.
- Thanks to Chris Harder and Innocence Brewing Company for providing us with their amazing Mudhoney Whiskey Del Bac Dorado Barrel Aged Belgian Quad to enjoy during the recording
- Thanks to Orlando Martinez from Hangar 24 Craft Brewing for providing us with a Pugachev's Cobra Russian Imperial Stout to enjoy during the recording
- Intro/Outro music is "La Negra Tomasa" by the awesome local Arizona band Fayuca
- Want to show your support and help this show grow? Simply click here, give the show a rating and share some feedback!